Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Discomfort

In deciding the topic of my next entry, I always try to put myself in the patients' shoes and think from a patient's perspective. What came to mind recently is the discomfort that most people automatically associate with dental treatment. In my mind the vast majority of the "usual" discomforts of dental treatment can be avoided. In other words an assumption that dental treatment is inherently uncomfortable is false. My staff and I always try to pay attention to the smallest detail in dealing with patients and our priority is to keep our patients mentally and physically comfortable at all times. This attention to detail goes a very long way and the positive reaction of our patients even surprises me at times. Not a day goes by where I don't get a "Wow, that wasn't bad at all" and I take pride in the fact that I am exceeding my patients' expectations on every level. So the next time you find yourself apprehensive at the thought of dentistry, just remember it doesn't have to be that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment